Please browse our offerings and contact us with questions and suggestions.
Dr. Tom DeLoughry, Ed.D. is the author of Almost Awakened: A Novel about Forgiveness, Friendship and Healing which will be published in 2019.
His interest in the connection between the mind, body and Spirit is evidenced by his career in which he served as:
- Director of drug abuse and adolescent services in child psychiatry at Buffalo Children’s Hospital
- Director of wellness and disease management at Independent Health, a large managed care organization
- Assistant Director of Continuing Medical Education and Assistant Research Professor in the Department of Family Medicine, State University of NY at Buffalo
- Director of the Center of Renewal, a Franciscan retreat center at Stella Niagara, NY
- Director of Never Too Old to Be Well for the Niagara County and Cayuga County Office for the Aging.
- Director of Sharing Your Wishes, an end-of-life planning program, and Improving Transitions of Care, to reduce unnecessary hospitalization, for the Health Association of Niagara County, Inc (HANCI) and the Community Health Foundation
- Co-leader of Forgiving Yourself, Others and God with his wife, Kathy DeLoughry, a program for faith-based and community organizations to improve communication, reduce stress, enhance forgiveness and deepen prayer
- Director of Caring Teams, a program to help seniors, caregivers, professionals, aides and volunteers have Less Stress, Better Health and More Love.
He received the AARP Social Impact Award for implementing Being Your Best, honored as “a simple mind-body-spirit program for seniors, adults and teens of any faith …or no faith;” the National Award for Excellence in Quality Management from the American Managed Care Review Association (AMCRA) for his program series on Primary Care Quality Management (Feeling Fit at Work and School/Feeling Fit with Diabetes and Hypertension); and the National Award for Excellence from the American Association of Occupational Health Nurses for his program on “Occupational Stress.”
He is the author of Spirituality and Eldercare, a chapter in a Templeton Press textbook, Spiritual Dimensions of Nursing, edited by Harold Koenig and Verna Carson. He is the creator of the American Lung Association’s national program for emphysema and chronic bronchitis, Help Patients To Better Breathing; the CBS HealthWatch.com feature series, The Managed Care Guide and Never Too Old To Be Well, a multi-media program (booklet, flyers, video DVD, computer CD) for the whole family, the whole organization and the whole community which has been adopted as an official elder care program in two Western New York counties.
He has a masters in Rehabilitation Counseling and a doctorate (Ed.D.) in health education and behavior from the State University of New York at Buffalo.
He is the former chair of Older Adult Ministries for the United Methodist Church of Upper New York and former associate director of the National Forum on Spirituality and Aging (NAFOSA).
He is the Executive Director for the Center for Health Management, a private consulting agency, which holds the copyright for the Living Well, Being Your Best, and the Never Too Old to be Well program materials.
He can be reached by email at tdeloughry@BeingYourBest.org